Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ontario

Yesterday was our last full day in Ontario. We have been here since Wednesday and are definitely ready to go home. Back to our new house (that we have hardly been in) and back to the busy hectic life that we live. We will start milking cows on our own little dairy operation super soon! and I am sure the hay orders are backed up till next year. You get the drift. We are busy...but we do love it!

So to make the most of our time here we did a lot of great things!
First and foremost, we stayed at The Fairmont Royal York (fancifully oldish) and visited the CBC building down the road to pitch our business to the Dragons Den. It was fantastically fun and I can't wait till I am allowed to tell you all about it (which wont be till it airs on tv sometime next season).

But...just so ya know...this happened. Unloading hay on John Street in downtown Toronto...with a camera crew) 



While we were super down town (CBC and The Fairmont are down town Toronto) we walked the streets and ate at delish restaurants and went shopping in the hugest mall. It was insane. I didn't take any pictures. Oh but I found some that Gary took...on the escalator.

Lovely. My eyelashes look super long :) 

We also went to an Anthropologie! 
Side note...I will never take Gary there again...I on the other hand...plan to return with money to spend :) 
I was KINDA excited...so Gary took pictures:

(I have a thing for crossing my legs in pictures these days...)

( I wore my winter, bulky coat the entire time...it was cold I tell ya)

Umm Gary this is getting a little embarrassing...(there are 6 more pictures!)

Ok totally time to stop taking pictures..."Gary STOP taking pictures!"

Then, becuase we were in a fancy, expensive shopping district ( cus thats where anthro was) we saw a fancy car...Gary took a picture.


Apparently Robert form Dragons Den drives a car like this...hes rich...a millionaire...obviously. 
I have no idea what kind of car it is... an expensive one.


Then, we left Toronto (actually the next day) and went to Barrie to visit my aunt Lianne ( who is actually not my aunt...but basically). We didn't take a single picture. But we ate yummy food and talked about food and Gary made us watch a painful hockey game. Then I stayed up till 1:00am watching the food network. It was worth it.

The next day we went to a church in Barrie, Ontario and then drove to Kingston, Ontario. It was SUCH a beautiful day and the drive was amazing! 
We even got to take a fun little ferry! 

We honestly pulled up to this stop sign as the ferry was pulling away from the dock. But that was ok. We took some nice pictures while we waited. 

This was our sweet rental car. Nice and roomy. It even had a fun little thing in the glove box where you put your water bottle and it keeps it cool! Super fun! 



Fun little ferry over a bay in Lake Ontario 

The pictures pretty much end here. I took one in our hotel room in Kingston, but Gary is wears PJ pants and there are clothes and coats and shoes scattered all around. 

All in all, we had a fantastic trip and we are home now! I am really looking forward to getting comfortable in our new house and cleaning it and planting a garden and getting goats and baby chickens. 










1 comment: