Thank goodness the airport is about 25 minutes max from our house! I almost didnt want to come home because the house is so tidy! ( well the floors need to be cleaned but i also didnt want to come home because I would feel like I had to do that too.) Well I am home now and I have yet to vacuum or sweep :) . It will be an eventful evening. Gary plans on sleeping. I will read a book.
In all this spare time I think I will share with you a yummy cheese biscuit recipe.
For a wedding shower my sisters and cousins and b)est friend threw for me...they pulled out all the stops including asking each guest to bring their favorite recipe. This was great! I have tones of yummy dinner ideas and I have actually almost all used!
A good friend gave me this recipe for her famous Buttermilk Cheese Biscuits so we will call them:
Carmen's Buttermilk Cheese Biscuits!
I have actually made them a lot of times most recently I have been baking them for my Grandma to sell at her store (The Yellow Barn Country Produce) and they are super yummy especially with soup.
Here is the recipe!
Carmen's Buttermilk Cheese Biscuits
1 3/4 cup Flour
2 tablespoons Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/3 cup Butter (Cold)
1 cup Buttermilk
1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
1. Mix together all the dry ingredients.
2. Cut in Butter with a pastry blender or a food processor until pea sized.
3. Stir in Cheese.
4. Stir in Buttermilk until moistened
5. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface about 10 times and pat into a 9" circle. Cut into 8 pieces and separate.
6. Bake on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet at 450 degrees F. for 12-15 minutes until light brown.
Yum! Make these for dinner with soup! Or just eat them warm with butter!