Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Now You Know

Can I share something with you? I mean its not that deep. It wont change your life or anything. 

I hate unloading the dish washer. I don't know why. I just do. So you can imagine, when today I found myself with a small pile of dirty dishes:

And the "clean" light glowing on the dish washer:


I sighed, ate a strawberry dipped in chocolate sauce, checked facebook, checked twitter, then opened the dish washed and did what I had to do. 

I know. Monumental.


Can I share something else with you? 
You may or may not know, Gary (my husband) and I moved about 1 month ago. We live in a super cute and good sized house on a dairy farm we rent. Its great. We had our whole old house all packed up and we were all ready to move. We had rented a farm and a house and we were good to go. About 2 weeks before we were supposed to move, everything fell through. We had to find a new place to live and a new place to milk our cows. We had 2 weeks. ( The reason our deadline was so short was because we had to go to Toronto to film dragons den! It was a crazy time) So 1 week went by. We still had nothing. Not a thing. By the beginning of the second week...we had 6 days to find a place to live and move. I was a big ball of stress. I walked around with my hands in fists constantly. I do that when I am stressed out. 
Case and point, above picture. This is the day ( or 2) before my wedding. There was lots to be done. LOTS. and  my mom made us stop and take a picture. My fists were balled so tight that day. There is about 8 other pictures that my hands look exactly like that. Sheesh I need to calm down. 
Anyways, this is totally beside the point. 
We had no where to move I was stressed out. 
Then we found a farm and it had a house! But the house was going to be rented. Shoot. Then the owner of the house talked to the soon-to-be renter about us moving in instead and the soon-to-be renter said that was ok and we could move there! This happened on Monday. We had to move by Friday. We had NEVER been inside the house. It was a bit scary. 

So on Tuesday we got the keys and I went in the house for the first time. Gary was on Vancouver Island delivering hay and two guys that work for us were loading up trucks to bring all our stuff over. 

The house could have been a disaster. It could have been a mess. It could have been stuck in the 80`s or 70`s or some other era. But it wasn't/ isn't. Its actually amazing. Pretty. Newish. Clean. Big. 

The only room that left me questioning was the office/main-room-off-the-kitchen-thats-weirdly-open-but-not-the-living-room room. 
It looks like and ocean. Sort of. There are waves. And orange trim. 


You thought I was kidding.


I mean, the waves are very nicely done. Perfectly shaped and everything. But really. Waves? The orange trim only goes up half the door. I don't know why. Sooner then later this needs to get painted. Though I am tempted to leave it. People think its funny... sort of. 

Oh and of course there are dogs in the ocean. See: 


Now you know. 






2 comments:

  1. LOVE the ocean-dogs. why would one EVER want to change that classy decor!?
    in all seriousness... i could put up a whole post of "now you know"s about the house my hubby and i are renting - it used to be his grandpa's, and... well... i don't think anything in the house has changed since it was built in the 60s or 70s. including the carpet. :-O
    however, you have me beat in the wall department. the ocean-dogs are impressive. and the way the orange trim only goes up to the height of the waves on the door frame. that's also skilled. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm... and i get overwhelmed by any dishes. clean or dirty. so i feel ya on the unloading the dishwasher. in fact, i loaded it and ran it a few days ago... yep.

    ReplyDelete