Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Andes Mint Brownies


Inspiration and basic recipe from Sugar Plum Blog!

Today is Christmas at my Grandmas and Grandpas. We spread out our Christmas over many days which is actually reallllyyy nice. Currently I am at my grandparents with my cousins planning our traditional Christmas skit.  You see, at my Grandparents, every Christmas we are expected to perform some sort of skit/song/play. My two sisters and two closets cousins and I ALWAY do a skit/song combo. We have done the 12 Days of Christmas ( in versions ranging from New Zealand Christmas's, Canadian Christmas,  Christmas at Grandmas, Christmas at Grandmas Rap...and who knows what else). Basically 90% of the time our plays are extremely lame, or we are laughing so hard that our poor family members can not understand a word we are saying.

This year we are doing our own rendition of the Potter Puppet Pals...but not Harry Potter and Christmassy.

As you can imagine...this is going to be quite a challenge.
Dinner is in 1.5 hours. We started planning about 30 minutes ago 


On other topics, I made Mint Brownies today.
They are so yummy. I used a recipe I found on a blog called Sugar Plum which is super cute and really good! 
She made hers into yummy little brownie balls dipped in white chocolate. YUM! I just made mine into brownies with a little chocolate drizzle. 

Here is the recipe: 

1/3 cup Oil
3/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup Milk 
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Flour
1/3 cup Ades Mint Pieces ( I had to buy these in the US...not in my canada grocery stores) 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
Coat a 8-inch square cake pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.

1. Mix oil, sugar, vanilla, milk, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl of a mixer. Or you could totally do it by hand I think. Mix together until well combined.



2. Add flour slowely and mix until just combined. 
3. Scrape into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the mint pieces. 



4. Bake for 20-25 minutes ( mine took exactly 20) or until its set and not jiggly. 
5. I melted more mint pieces with some butter and drizzled them over the cooled brownies. 



To make the pretty brownie balls that Sugar Plum made, check out her blog for the instructions. Sugar Plum.


Finished product! Yum Yum Yum!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment